What is Plasma Pen?
The Plasma Pen is the world's leading Plasma application device - a noninvasive fibroblasting sublimation treatment, suitable for targeting lines and wrinkles, loose skin, stretch marks, and pigmentation.
What Plasma Pen Does
As we age our dermal layer thins, less collagen is produced & these changes in the scaffolding of our skin cause it to wrinkle & sag and to lose laxity & texture.
The plasma pen encourages skin tightening using a continues direct energy source; we ionize nitrogen & oxygen in the air to create a plasma gas. During the procedure, tiny plasma flash is being discharged from the tip of the Plasma Pen handpiece, Results improve significantly over the coming months.
What are the Plasma Pen advantages?
Plasma Pen delivers a brighter, more contoured youthful appearance with minimal downtime. The results of the treatment are virtually immediate and incredibly long-lasting without the need for fillers or surgical correction.
Plasma Pen is an exciting new treatment we offer to help improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, particularly to sensitive areas which were previously difficult to treat. This procedure is performed by one of our providers. The area being treated will be numbed with a topical anesthetic prior to treatment for your comfort. This procedure is generally well-tolerated by patients and our staff will talk with you throughout the treatment session to ensure you are as comfortable as possible.
Plasma Pen Pre-Treatment Guidelines:
- Avoid sun tanning and sunbeds for 4-6 weeks before your treatment
- Please let us know if you have had other treatments to the area for 3-4 weeks prior to your Plasma Pen treatment, this includes laser therapies, chemical peels, Botox, and fillers
- Discontinue use of any retinol products a minimum of 4 days prior to treatment
- Remove contact lenses and any eyelash extensions prior to treatment-remember to not wear contact lenses for 3 days following treatment to the eye area
Plasma Pen Post Treatment Guidelines:
What to expect:
- Mild to moderate swelling, especially around the eyes for approximately 1-5 days
- Stinging sensation which lasts approximately an hour following the procedure
- Tiny crusts form on the area treated, and usually linger for 5-7 days
- It is normal for the treated area to feel tight and dry
What to do:
- Wear an SPF 30 or higher sunscreen
- Do not pick crusts , this could cause scarring
- Avoid shaving the treated area until completely healed
- Avoid heat for 3-4 days (including hot showers, intense exercise, etc.)
- Only use provided products during the immediate post-treatment time period, do not use any retinol products, exfoliators, pigmentation products, or retexturizing products for 4 weeks following treatment.
- Do not apply makeup to the treated area for 5-7 days post-treatment, applying and removing makeup may disrupt any scabs and could lead to scarring
- Do not apply cold or ice packs while swollen, this diminishes the inflammation but could interfere with the mechanism of action performed by the device and the skin’s natural heat and healing process to achieve the desired result.
- Do not wear contact lenses for 72 hours following treatment to the eye area
- Do not use saunas or sunbeds for 10 -12 weeks posttreatment as this can create areas of redness